35 Women Under 35
Now in its 14th year, Management Today's 35 Women Under 35 awards celebrate high-achieving women in business under the age of 35. Women who make the list range from entrepreneurs and designers to lawyers, bankers and senior civil servants. Past winners include Martha Lane Fox, Elisabeth Murdoch and Stella McCartney.
By Kate Bassett, Elizabeth Anderson and Emma De Vita Sunday, 06 July 2014
Success did not come easily to some of this year's crop of winners, who needed bucketloads of determination and self-confidence to fight their way to the top.
Need proof that Britain's got talent? Well here it is: our shortlist of the country's most ambitious and bright young businesswomen.
MT's 2013 line-up of brilliant young talent are set to grab the helm of UK plc.
MT chats to some of the women who made it on to this year's 35 Women Under 35 list.
At MT's 35 Women Under 35 party Sarah Curran, founder of online fashion boutique my-wardrobe.com, explains lessons she's learned in business.
Photographs from the cover shoot of 35 Women Under 35.
Women in business news
- Bitch, buffoon or bit-on-the-side: Why TV is putting women off leadership
- 'Everyone should be a waitress once' - Melissa Burton, Goody Good Stuff
- Twitter's diversity statistics are pretty embarrassing
- 18 outrageously sexist adverts from Management Today in 1968
- Ocado duo: There's no bad will between us and Waitrose
- How to get promoted
- Michael Acton Smith: I'm stepping down as CEO of Mind Candy, but that doesn't mean we're IPOing
- McDonald's CEO Jill McDonald: 'McJob is insulting, it really hits my button'
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
- 'I get offered more opportunities than my male co-founder,' says 35 Under 35 star
MT's list of young female high achievers in this Olympian year of all-comers is a vivid reflection of wider British enterprise, energised as it is by self-starters whose origins lie beyond our shores.
Behind the scenes at MT's 35 Women Under 35 photoshoot 2012. Featuring Aekta Mahajan, Elizabeth Deeming, Kate Gross, Nadja Lossgott and Olga Kubassova.
This year, MT's list of female high-fliers belongs to the entrepreneur. The most striking thing about our line-up is half have been recognised for their start-ups - whether making Lady Gaga's knickers, or a new hedge fund.
JoJo Maman Bébé founder Laura Tenison joined this year's 35 under 35ers as they took to the terrace at Nomura's stunning City office.
Behind the scenes of the photoshoot of MT's 35 Women Under 35 2011. Featuring Julie Diem Le, Zu Rafalat, Misha Patel, Kate Hersov, Alex Pumfrey and Anna Bance.
At our latest 35 under 35 networking event, the FreshMinds co-founder and CEO talked about the benefits of making mistakes...
Behind the scenes at the 35 Women Under 35 2010 photoshoot, featuring Jo Verdult, Nik Done, Tamara Rajah, Isabel Garvey, Alexia Inge and Kate Prince.
Behind the scenes at MT's 35 Women Under 35 2009. Featuring Savannah Miller, Jade Tong, Samantha Mangwana, Laura Stevenson, Ruth Amos and Kate Hampton.
Behind the scenes at the photoshoot of MT's 35 Women Under 35 2008. Featuring Emma Reynolds, Alix Pryde, Sara Berman, Alex Holt, Paulina Bozek and Sophie Chandauka.
Latest from MT
Fictional female stereotypes are putting off future generations of women leaders. TV needs to get real, argues A Very Good Company founder Natalie Campbell.
- McColl's share price rises as sales grow but COO quits
- Bad luck for Stelios as EasyHotel IPO gets difficult
- 5 things you need to know about TSB's IPO
- TSB IPO: its share price jumped 10% this morning
- Zoopla share price jumps 8%, (temporarily) valuing it at 1 billion pounds: finally, a successful IPO?