35 Women Under 35
Now in its 14th year, Management Today's 35 Women Under 35 awards celebrate high-achieving women in business under the age of 35. Women who make the list range from entrepreneurs and designers to lawyers, bankers and senior civil servants. Past winners include Martha Lane Fox, Elisabeth Murdoch and Stella McCartney.
By Kate Bassett, Elizabeth Anderson and Emma De Vita Sunday, 06 July 2014
Success did not come easily to some of this year's crop of winners, who needed bucketloads of determination and self-confidence to fight their way to the top.
Need proof that Britain's got talent? Well here it is: our shortlist of the country's most ambitious and bright young businesswomen.
MT's 2013 line-up of brilliant young talent are set to grab the helm of UK plc.
MT chats to some of the women who made it on to this year's 35 Women Under 35 list.
At MT's 35 Women Under 35 party Sarah Curran, founder of online fashion boutique my-wardrobe.com, explains lessons she's learned in business.
Photographs from the cover shoot of 35 Women Under 35.
Women in business news
- What made Harriet Green escape via the emergency chute?
- Thomas Cook boss Harriet Green quits despite transformation 'absolutely not done'
- Susanna Dinnage: 'You know in your gut when you're in the right job'
- KPMG's Melanie Richards: Don't be anxious about taking risks
- Mrs Moneypenny's guide to getting a pay rise
- Havas' Kate Robertson: 'Gratuitous sexism is the biggest challenge young women face'
- Christine Armstrong: Take risks in your twenties
- Annoushka Ducas' work-life secret: Spending 'as much time with my children as I can'
- Marks & Spencer's Belinda Earl: Style can help you focus on your career
- Harriet Green isn't beating herself up about not being able to (Thomas) Cook
MT's list of young female high achievers in this Olympian year of all-comers is a vivid reflection of wider British enterprise, energised as it is by self-starters whose origins lie beyond our shores.
Behind the scenes at MT's 35 Women Under 35 photoshoot 2012. Featuring Aekta Mahajan, Elizabeth Deeming, Kate Gross, Nadja Lossgott and Olga Kubassova.
This year, MT's list of female high-fliers belongs to the entrepreneur. The most striking thing about our line-up is half have been recognised for their start-ups - whether making Lady Gaga's knickers, or a new hedge fund.
JoJo Maman Bébé founder Laura Tenison joined this year's 35 under 35ers as they took to the terrace at Nomura's stunning City office.
Behind the scenes of the photoshoot of MT's 35 Women Under 35 2011. Featuring Julie Diem Le, Zu Rafalat, Misha Patel, Kate Hersov, Alex Pumfrey and Anna Bance.
At our latest 35 under 35 networking event, the FreshMinds co-founder and CEO talked about the benefits of making mistakes...
Behind the scenes at the 35 Women Under 35 2010 photoshoot, featuring Jo Verdult, Nik Done, Tamara Rajah, Isabel Garvey, Alexia Inge and Kate Prince.
Behind the scenes at MT's 35 Women Under 35 2009. Featuring Savannah Miller, Jade Tong, Samantha Mangwana, Laura Stevenson, Ruth Amos and Kate Hampton.
Behind the scenes at the photoshoot of MT's 35 Women Under 35 2008. Featuring Emma Reynolds, Alix Pryde, Sara Berman, Alex Holt, Paulina Bozek and Sophie Chandauka.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Ann Summers' Jacqueline Gold is a feminist - just not the 'bra burning' kind
- Thomas Cook's Harriet Green: You can't do a transformation on this scale in two years
- How three female entrepreneurs bounced back from failure
- Ann Summers' Jacqueline Gold: 'Why do we feel the need for validation? Men don't'
- Uber executive suggests digging into journalists' personal lives