Opinion and analysis from MT's business experts
By Rebecca Smith Tuesday, 03 May 2016
Despite legislation aiming to protect the rights of new mothers, the statistics tell a different story - and it's a grim one.
The robots may be coming, but great customer experience still requires people to bring it alive, says John Sills.
You may be sceptical about how different Generation Y is, but this doesn't mean you can ignore them, says Jonathan Hime.
Equality begins at home, but there's also a business interest in encouraging men to take time off, says Lindsay Pattison.
EDITOR'S BLOG: You might not like Philip Green's taste but a healthy economy needs his like.
Immersing yourself in your venture is the only way to know whether you're a good fit, says Faisal Butt.
EDITOR'S BLOG: There's a wealth of Muslim business talent out there. Perhaps they can help change British perceptions of Islam.
A cruise might be a nightmarish prospect for your husband. See if you can persuade him to gradually reduce his hours instead, says Jeremy Bullmore.
Too many employers disparage female engineers. But they should be celebrated as business heroes in the making.
MT's ex-editor on why he's provoked the fury of both the left and the landed classes in his quest to rank the assets of the mega rich.
MT DIARY: Rochdale's finest, Bob Dylan's Brexit blues and how to rile the French.
- Relying on the wisdom of crowds can be dangerous
- How to deal with talented but obnoxious employees
- Hermann Hauser: 'An A team with C technology wins over a C team with A technology every time'
- How to win at office politics
- I had good feedback in my appraisal but so did my lazy colleague. Should I complain?
- Meet the former stripper who has Waitrose going wild for his noodles
- My ex-girlfriend has applied for a role on my team. It's awkward - what should I do?
- AWS: Can the cloud make Amazon the world's biggest company?
- Big data business insights from big science
- These businesses are cashing in on the cyber crime wave
- How would Brexit affect employment law?
- Italy's Northern Powerhouse
- Islam means business: Meet the new generation of Muslim entrepreneurs
- What skills do you need to succeed in STEM?
- Daniel Kahneman: The father of behavioural economics
- Tesla Model 3: Will it keep Elon Musk's company on the road?
- Rise and fall of the ad man: How digital technology has changed advertising
- Why SpaceX's Falcon 9 isn't the world changer you expect
- How Accolade Security's founder overcame language barriers and a brain tumour
- Sage CEO Stephen Kelly is on a mission to make some noise
Latest from MT