A 'wait-and-see' approach is prevailing as UK firms wait for the outcome of the EU referendum.
Also in the news:
EDITOR'S BLOG: There's a wealth of Muslim business talent out there. Perhaps they can help change British perceptions of Islam.
WORKPLACE RIGHTS: If the UK votes to leave the EU, it is unlikely that the government would change workplace legislation.
To mark 50 years of MT, here's the second in a series looking back at the best business brains since 1966.
The Only Game in Town's arguments on how to avoid another global economic collapse make sense, but the political will is not there.
THE MT INTERVIEW: There'll be no more hiding of Sage's light under a bushel, says the accounts software outfit's high-energy boss.
MT DIARY: Rochdale's finest, Bob Dylan's Brexit blues and how to rile the French.
It's 50 years since MT was first published, so we've trawled the archives to bring you some gems from times gone by. The third in our series: 2001-5.
MT DIARY: Why the Starship Enterprise could save the EU, Frankfurt's quiet nightlife and Dublin's growing economy.
EDITOR'S BLOG: Tata's involvement with the UK steel industry is unlikely to have a happy ending.
WORKPLACE RIGHTS: New regulations mean businesses will have to publish data on female and male employees' pay.
Narconomics is an exhilarating trip into the heart of the illegal narcotics industry, revealing that it operates much like a legitimate global corporation.
David Cameron convenes an emergency meeting of ministers, while Sajid Javid rushes back from Australia, but the collapse of Tata's UK steel business has been a long time coming.
- The BHS blame-game is an ugly business
- Method investing: be the business version of Daniel Day-Lewis
- How can I persuade my husband to retire so we can go on a long cruise?
- 'The perception is still that engineering is geeky and a job for the boys' - Mamta Singhal
- Philip Beresford: The Sunday Times Rich List compiler on 27 years of wealth watching
- My ex-girlfriend has applied for a role on my team. It's awkward - what should I do?
- 8 ways to reduce staff turnover
- How can I stop my son using his inheritance to start a business?
- We're having parking space wars at our new office. Can you help?
- How do I stop our firm's partners awarding themselves unaffordable bonuses?
Latest from MT