With as many as 4.3m Scots - or 97% of the electorate - going to the polls to decide their future today, MT has rounded up everything you need to know about the historic vote.
Also in the news:
As the people of Scotland vote on whether or not to break the 307-old union, investors are expecting a no vote, but aren't certain.
In the last hours of campaigning, Alex Salmond's cry of 'we can do this' is drowned out by a chorus of naysayers.
The hawks are circling for a second month, but the doves are still cooing over slack in the economy.
Joblessness falls again to 6.2% - and it's even lower in Scotland - but pay growth is still rubbish.
The UK inflation rate has now been below 2% target for 8 months.
Rising house prices have locked a generation out of home ownership, says report. And it's not getting any better.
Polls are on a knife edge, but the money is on Scotland staying in the UK.
Amazon goes to Shoreditch, things get worse for Morrisons, Terry Leahy invests in tobacco start-up.
Colossal US firm to rub shoulders with edgy East London startups and bearded hipsters as it buys over 400,000sq ft of office space near Silicon Roundabout.
The JD Wetherspoon founder says politicians and businesses are resorting to scaremongering to persuade people to vote no.
Fortunately, vicious circles can still be broken.
Even England's shoddy performance in Brazil couldn't stop the sports retailer's rise. But investors aren't impressed.
- Failure: it destroys careers, and shreds company images
- Dyson could be about to launch a robotic vacuum cleaner
- 'I was checking emails in the labour room' - Anthony Eskinazi, JustPark
- Faisal Butt: The power of serendipity
- 'Launching in America was the best decision we ever made' - Robyn Exton, Dattch
- Bad Banks: Greed, incompetence and the next global crisis - review
- Driving Honda: 'A car crash of a book'
- 'Chinese boss offered me $20,000 to write to Angelina Jolie'
- Justine Roberts, founder and CEO of Mumsnet, shares her top 3 reads
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
Latest from MT
What motivates you at work? How do companies show that they care? What employee benefits really make a difference? Join the debate tomorrow 1-2.30pm with Unum and MT #healthybiz