We knew the discounters were doing well - but not this well...
Also in the news:
The IMF has noticed the UK property market remains a threat to our economic recovery. You don't say?
High prices and interest rate rises on the horizon are starting to put potential buyers off.
Find out the average earnings of people in your postcode.
Sporting distractions, what the world's richest man does with his spare time, Scottish indecisiveness.
Official figures for the second quarter of this year show UK GDP rose 0.8%, putting output back above where it was when things went wrong in 2008. Phew.
More retail sales today, this time from the Office for National Statistics. The bad news is that, unfortunately, sunshine doesn't always make people spend.
The minutes of this month's Monetary Policy Committee meeting suggest it's less frightened of the impact of a rate rise - although analysts are still pretty set on early 2015 as the first time rates will go up.
He may be in line for a 10 million pound payout, but it hasn't been an illustrious three years for soon-to-depart Tesco boss Philip Clarke.
The Unilever veteran will be the first Tesco CEO with personality, a source told Management Today.
It's been a difficult few years for the UK's biggest supermarket chain...
Asking prices across the UK slipped 0.8% this month, but it could just be a summer slump.
Military ray guns, Funding Circle's crazy growth, when 'rightsizing' is the wrong word.
- 'Everyone should be a waitress once' - Melissa Burton, Goody Good Stuff
- California woman's eviction battle: When Airbnb goes bad
- 'Putting on an ill-fitting black suit is my idea of hell' - Poppy Mardall, Poppy's Funerals
- Peer-to-peer lending hits the big time as Funding Circle raises $65m
- Airbnb wants you to take control of its new logo
- Justine Roberts, founder and CEO of Mumsnet, shares her top 3 reads
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
- Scrap free healthcare and give everyone a £1,000 cheque, says Freakonomics author Steven Levitt
- Can plastic surgery make you a better leader?
- Lead to Succeed: A new look at leadership
Latest from MT
Worried your leadership style's more Neil Kinnock than Alexander the Great? Take MT's quiz to find out if you're a manager for the ages or just another office tyrant.
- McColl's share price rises as sales grow but COO quits
- Bad luck for Stelios as EasyHotel IPO gets difficult
- 5 things you need to know about TSB's IPO
- TSB IPO: its share price jumped 10% this morning
- Zoopla share price jumps 8%, (temporarily) valuing it at 1 billion pounds: finally, a successful IPO?