More retail sales today, this time from the Office for National Statistics. The bad news is that, unfortunately, sunshine doesn't always make people spend.
Also in the news:
The minutes of this month's Monetary Policy Committee meeting suggest it's less frightened of the impact of a rate rise - although analysts are still pretty set on early 2015 as the first time rates will go up.
He may be in line for a £10m payout, but it hasn't been an illustrious three years for soon-to-depart Tesco boss Philip Clarke.
The Unilever veteran will be the first Tesco CEO with personality, a source told Management Today.
It's been a difficult few years for the UK's biggest supermarket chain...
Asking prices across the UK slipped 0.8% this month, but it could just be a summer slump.
Military ray guns, Funding Circle's crazy growth, when 'rightsizing' is the wrong word.
RBS, Lloyds, and Barclays have all been hit after UK watchdog launched review into high street banking.
The government has announced a 230m pound loan guarantee for Ineos's Grangemouth chemical complex - only two months ahead of the referendum. What a coincidence!
Russia's MICEX index has dropped 3% while the UK, French and German markets all slid slightly. Cheers for that, America.
For the cameras it's all handshakes, smiles and America-bashing, but in reality the BRICS are very different beasts.
The UK jobs market is recovering, but UK wage levels have yet to catch up.
Having admitted the Royal Mail IPO was 'botched', Cable has scrapped plans to privatise the Land Registry. Considering that was expected to make the government 1.2 billion pounds, that's got to smart.
- Entering the twilight zone: how to deal with impending insolvency
- MT EXPERT: How to win at your first week in a new job
- MT EXPERT: Business lessons from Roy Hodgson
- MT EXPERT: The three things you need to know to make a merger work
- MT EXPERT: Here's what you should know before you're interviewed for a CEO job
- California woman's eviction battle: When Airbnb goes bad
- 'Putting on an ill-fitting black suit is my idea of hell' - Poppy Mardall, Poppy's Funerals
- Peer-to-peer lending hits the big time as Funding Circle raises $65m
- Airbnb wants you to take control of its new logo
- Has a UK startup finally cracked how to make money from mobile gaming?
- Justine Roberts, founder and CEO of Mumsnet, shares her top 3 reads
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
- Scrap free healthcare and give everyone a £1,000 cheque, says Freakonomics author Steven Levitt
- Can plastic surgery make you a better leader?
- Lead to Succeed: A new look at leadership
Latest from MT
BSkyB launched a rights issue to fund the acquisition of its European counterparts this morning, as it announced revenues had risen 7%.
- McColl's share price rises as sales grow but COO quits
- Bad luck for Stelios as EasyHotel IPO gets difficult
- 5 things you need to know about TSB's IPO
- TSB IPO: its share price jumped 10% this morning
- Zoopla share price jumps 8%, (temporarily) valuing it at 1 billion pounds: finally, a successful IPO?