The government's bid to lift some of its stifling restrictions is a sign of progress.
Also in the news:
Gideon Bright's Dryrobe has proved a hit with everyone from surfers to dog walkers.
The exec chair of P2P lender Kiva discusses how she's aiming to create opportunities for new businesses worldwide.
Providing employees with more freedom in how they work can help you attract great talent, so long as you're clear about what's on offer.
The booming cyber security start-up has raised more than $20m and is expanding into the US.
Whether it's filling in a tax return or putting together an employee handbook, no business owner likes getting bogged down in admin.
As more women try on their angel investor wings, the impact on the diversity of firms securing funding could be significant.
Far from being a fad, the rise of the pop-up shop continues as businesses try to find a less expensive route to high street success.
Claudi & Fin's frozen yoghurt lollies have gone down a storm at Sainsbury's.
Ex-military folk might need some initial support to get them up to speed with the business, but employers ignore them at their peril.
The tech firm co-founder won the Businesswoman of the Year award, while Propercorn's Cassandra Stavrou scooped a gong too.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- 4 damning stats that reveal the lack of gender diversity at the top of UK Plc
- Lord Browne: 'There's only one openly gay CEO in the Fortune 500...There has to be more'
- Why being a disability friendly employer is good business (and what you can do about it)
- It's not just discriminatory to make women wear heels at work - it's impractical
- Will Shared Parental Leave level the childcare playing field?