In the energy regulator's ongoing quest to look like it's in control, it has persuaded energy distributors to fork out £17bn to upgrade the UK's electricity networks.
A think tank has called for all bankers to take a Hippocratic-style oath before they start their jobs. We've come up with our own suggestion: a sort of Plutocratic oath, if you will...
It looks like the Mothercare acquisition is off: shares opened 11% lower this morning when US company Destination Maternity announced it was pulling out of the deal.
'Capital is stronger, costs are lower and customer activity is gradually improving,' said chief executive Ross McEwan.
BSkyB launched a rights issue to fund the acquisition of its European counterparts this morning, as it announced revenues had risen 7%.
The company very slightly missed sales expectations, but R&D costs spiked. Meanwhile, sales of iPads are slowing.
SPONSORED: Chief financial officers face five issues in the future, including becoming change agents and becoming strategists.
He may be in line for a 10 million pound payout, but it hasn't been an illustrious three years for soon-to-depart Tesco boss Philip Clarke.
Customers are abandoning Barclays' anonymous trading platform in their droves, according to figures by the Financial Regulatory Authority.
Not a great morning for the newly privatised business: its parcels arm isn't doing as well as expected, and letters volumes are down.
A series of bad decisions by insurers means a once-in-a-lifetime coincidence could end up costing airlines millions.
- Justine Roberts, founder and CEO of Mumsnet, shares her top 3 reads
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
- Scrap free healthcare and give everyone a £1,000 cheque, says Freakonomics author Steven Levitt
- Can plastic surgery make you a better leader?
Latest from MT
Vince Cable wants the UK to lead the world in autonomous vehicles, but we need to get moving if we want to overtake the US. Better buckle up...
- McColl's share price rises as sales grow but COO quits
- Bad luck for Stelios as EasyHotel IPO gets difficult
- 5 things you need to know about TSB's IPO
- TSB IPO: its share price jumped 10% this morning
- Zoopla share price jumps 8%, (temporarily) valuing it at 1 billion pounds: finally, a successful IPO?