The head of UKFI made the revelation at a treasury select committee hearing today.
The Bank of England's crucial payments system has been on the blink today.
Chief exec Dave Lewis is set to announce early findings of investigation into profit black hole.
Savers will be able to dodge the taxman by lending to consumers and entrepreneurs.
Two former City traders are on a mission to make private company shares more liquid.
The challenger bank has dropped its plans because of unstable markets.
The home of Cornwall's big white domes is launching a mini bond crowdfunding round.
Share indices across the world have tumbled since their summer peak and there could be more losses to come.
Activist shareholder and Apple fanboy Carl Icahn thinks Apple is 'seriously undervalued' and that the firm should buy back even more of its own stock, pdq.
The veteran activist investor said he's sending an 'interesting' open letter to Tim Cook today.
The entrepreneur has put an undisclosed amount into Blockchain, a British Bitcoin startup.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Susanna Dinnage: "I keep work at work"
- Apple and Facebook's egg-freezing policy smacks of Victorian paternalism
- Kathryn Parsons: 'Stop penalising women for having children'
- Apple and Facebook offer to pay to freeze the eggs of female staff
- Microsoft's Satya Nadella backpedals after saying women shouldn't ask for pay rises