MT speaks to the women who are combining a stellar career with raising a family.
MT ARCHIVE: So you're ready to have kids - but are you ready for the career-transforming effect it's going to have, asks our Power Mums columnist Christine Armstrong.
POWER MUMS: She's famous for her ceramics, but Emma Bridgwater had never thrown a pot before she started her business. She discusses her marriage, and why British manufacturing is so important.
The founder of the travel-booking website works full-time. 'I'm not ready to be a mum 24 hours a day,' she says. Here's how she manages her work/life balance.
Having learned to read at 14, Woodward is now commercial director of the biggest salon in the world. No mean feat for a mother of two...
Former McKinsey partner Nina Bhatia says too much pressure is put on parents by schools. 'If a full-time working, male politician had to figure out how to fill the school holidays, we'd design the whole system differently'.
The capital's transport guru says her role as a parent is changing as her children grow up.
Our first international Power Mum challenges assumptions about working mums and wants men to contribute to the debate.
Mother-of-two Jane Geraghty on running a busy design agency without losing your cool at home.
Driven mother of twins Emma Gilpin-Jacobs reveals the secret to managing a media empire without sacrificing a home life.
Carrie Longton, co-founder of parenting site Mumsnet, tells MT about the challenges - and highlights - of bringing up three kids (and a dog) while running a fast-growing business.
Meet 'Power Mum' Sara Bennison, who is marketing communications director for Barclays Retail while bringing up four kids. Not only that, she commutes for nearly three hours each day... Here's how she does it.
In the first of our 'Power Mums' series, Nicola Rabson, partner at Linklaters and mum of three tells Christine Armstrong how she juggles a high-powered job with motherhood.
More Women in Business news
- 18 outrageously sexist adverts from Management Today in 1968
- Ocado duo: There's no bad will between us and Waitrose
- How to get promoted
- Michael Acton Smith: I'm stepping down as CEO of Mind Candy, but that doesn't mean we're IPOing
- McDonald's CEO Jill McDonald: 'McJob is insulting, it really hits my button'
- 'I had to deal with inner turmoil almost daily' - the secret cost of hiding your sexuality
- 'I get offered more opportunities than my male co-founder,' says 35 Under 35 star
- 35 Women Under 35: Facts and figures
- Sidonie Kingsmill: 'One woman on a board won't make a difference'
- Roma Agrawal: 'I stand out. People remember me'
From the mag
Combining a stellar career with raising children is tough, but it can be done. Superheroes? Control freaks? Sometimes both. MT talks to three mothers - and a dad - who wouldn't have it any other way.
Latest from MT
After a lacklustre June, consumers are buying barbecues and bikinis (sounds dangerous), according to a CBI survey.
- McColl's share price rises as sales grow but COO quits
- Bad luck for Stelios as EasyHotel IPO gets difficult
- 5 things you need to know about TSB's IPO
- TSB IPO: its share price jumped 10% this morning
- Zoopla share price jumps 8%, (temporarily) valuing it at 1 billion pounds: finally, a successful IPO?