Walsh's consistent and painstaking development of a portfolio of leading brands - Guinness, Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, to name but three - has created a profitable drinks empire that operates with the dynamism and marketing savvy of an FMCG firm. It's also a leader in the responsible drinking campaign. Diageo's combination of brand strength and light-on-its-feet responses should see the firm fare better than most in the downturn.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Britain's Most Admired No.1: Diageo, Paul Walsh
First-time BMAC winner Diageo is up eight places this year.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Mrs Moneypenny's guide to getting a pay rise
- Havas' Kate Robertson: 'Gratuitous sexism is the biggest challenge young women face'
- Christine Armstrong: Take risks in your twenties
- Annoushka Ducas' work-life secret: Spending 'as much time with my children as I can'
- Harriet Green isn't beating herself up about not being able to (Thomas) Cook