Walsh's consistent and painstaking development of a portfolio of leading brands - Guinness, Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, to name but three - has created a profitable drinks empire that operates with the dynamism and marketing savvy of an FMCG firm. It's also a leader in the responsible drinking campaign. Diageo's combination of brand strength and light-on-its-feet responses should see the firm fare better than most in the downturn.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Britain's Most Admired No.1: Diageo, Paul Walsh
First-time BMAC winner Diageo is up eight places this year.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Meet the foodie entrepreneur whose restaurant doesn't cook anything
- VW's US chief knew about emissions cheating last year
- Ofcom boss warns 02-Three merger could be bad for customers
- We need quotas to fix the lack of female engineers
- Claire Simpson: 'When you're doing it on your own any working mums guilt goes out the window'