Walsh's consistent and painstaking development of a portfolio of leading brands - Guinness, Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, to name but three - has created a profitable drinks empire that operates with the dynamism and marketing savvy of an FMCG firm. It's also a leader in the responsible drinking campaign. Diageo's combination of brand strength and light-on-its-feet responses should see the firm fare better than most in the downturn.
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
Britain's Most Admired No.1: Diageo, Paul Walsh
First-time BMAC winner Diageo is up eight places this year.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Why Heathrow got the backing of Gatwick's biggest customer
- CEOs shouldn't shy away from showing they care
- 'Climate change is like a religion... and I'm a believer' - Sara Bell
- Hotels are bedding down with Airbnb rivals
- 'Going to prison completely changed my views of the people in there' - Vicky Pryce