Matthew Gwyther - Editor
Matthew Gwyther has edited Management Today for the last nine years, during which time he has won the coveted BSME Business Magazine Editor of the year on a record five occasions. It is his first editorship and he likes to think of himself as a hard-driving taskmaster. During a fifteen year career as a freelance, he wrote for the Sunday Times magazine, The Independent, The Telegraph, The Observer, GQ and was a contributing editor to Business magazine. He was PPA Business Feature Writer of the Year in 2001 and spends far too much time worrying about his three kids. Before becoming a journalist he had a brief and inauspicious spell as a civil servant working at the Medical Research Council in its London Secretariat. It nearly drove him crazy.
Latest Articles From This Author
- I must be mad. But I cannot see how we can avoid agreeing to allow Heathrow airport to expand.
- In an age of frenzied consumption, it is worth remembering that a bit of scarcity is good for you. But surely life would be terribly dull without the odd bit of overindulgence.
- Telecoms giant BT is fighting a £738 million Premier League battle against Sky. Prepare for all-out war.
- So as Suralan takes to the stage for his annual appearance in TV's most enduring soap operatic farce, Suralex makes his final exit. I know which one I have the more respect for.
- It's been a busy month for Russians in our news. From Berezovsky, to the younger Abramovich to the mess of miner ENRC...
- Margaret Thatcher has died at the age of 87 leaving a legacy that runs from frank admiration to outright hatred. Here, MT editor Matthew Gwyther gives his take on the lady who would not be moved.
- Controversial daily deals outfit Groupon has lurched from crisis to crisis and Andrew Mason, its colourful CEO, has now been sacked.
- The current horse meat scandal is the latest in a long line of fleshly abominations, says MT editor Matthew Gwyther.
- Blog: UK plc enjoyed the boom, but now the bust is proving pretty hard to cope with. Perhaps teutonic thrift offers our best chance of avoiding another crash?