Andrew SaundersDeputy Editor
Andrew Saunders - Deputy Editor
Saunders has interviewed just about everyone who is anyone for MT, from entrepreneurs to captains of industry and even the odd (sometimes very odd) politician and sporting hero. Ken Clarke, Peter Mandelson and Sir Alex Ferguson standing out in his memory amongst the latter, despite the fact that he knows nothing about football and only marginally more about politics.
But it is business which remains his abiding professional interest, not least because of the growing influence which business and those who conduct it enjoy over the daily lives of so many of us 21st century ‘global citizens’.
Figuring out exactly how everything from a one-man start-up to a vast multinational works, and what makes their founders, leaders and employees tick, is what gets him out of bed in the morning. That and the demands of his small but strident six year-old daughter, Katy.
Latest Articles From This Author
- The RMT is striking again - could German-style supervisory boards end the poisonous stand off between bosses and workers in the UK rail industry?
- In our second article showcasing some of the UK's most impressive flexible execs, we meet three more inspirations from 2014. Nominate someone for 2015's Power Part Time 50 today!
- The phone giant is reinventing itself with its bid for EE and splurging money on TV content to see off rivals Sky and Virgin.
- Almost three years in the making, the Davies report into where to build a new runway has plumped for Heathrow. Will the Government agree?
- The weather's looking up and so is the UK economy. Turnover at domestic carmakers hit a record high last year and consumer confidence is back at 2000 levels, too.
- Oxford University's dreams of emulating arch-rival Cambridge's tech glory take a step closer today, as the £320m OSI spin out fund closes.
- The nominations for this year's Power Part Time 50 are open. Here are a few of 2014's impressive stars to wet your whistle.
- Virgin Atlantic founder Richard Branson has hit out at the IAG/Aer Lingus deal, calling it 'absolutely the wrong thing' for competition.
- Are you a Power Part-Timer? Do you know one, or work for one? If so we want to know.
- A new report finds that London is the worst place for people looking for jobs offering flexible working.
- The City's worst kept secret is confirmed, as mobile giant Vodafone admits talks with Virgin Media owner Liberty Global. But it's not what you think...
- Big banks routinely produce annual reports so long and opaque that even the people paid to read them can't figure them out. So what's the point?
- The founder of giant-killing eBay shop Thingimijigs names her two favourite etail oppos in today's instalment of the MT/eBay Digital Small Business Power List.
- Today it's the turn of eBay's UK COO Sarah Calcott to name her favourites in the latest instalment of the MT/eBay Digital Small Business Power List.
- The search for our digital small business superheroes takes an eclectic turn, with the choices of MT's very own deputy ed Andrew Saunders.
- Our bid to find the nation's favourite digital SME continues, as Unruly co-founder and COO Sarah Wood names her choices. Vote now!
- With the bank levy raised yet again in the last Budget, HSBC's getting homesick for its original base.
- There's a story circulating that researchers at Kansas State University have found a 'CEO Gene'. Here's why they haven't.
- Our bid to find the nation's favourite digital SME continues, as Brightstation Ventures and Powa boss Dan Wagner names his choices.
- Our bid to find the nation's favourite digital SME continues, as Ariadne Capital chair Julie Meyer names her choices.
Latest from MT
Women in business
- Britain's startups are 'much more diverse than Silicon Valley'
- 'It has been a really amazing journey' - Michelle Mone reflects on 15 years of 35 Women Under 35
- 'I put on eight stone growing my business, but now I've lost it all' - Michelle Mone
- Why Heathrow got the backing of Gatwick's biggest customer
- CEOs shouldn't shy away from showing they care