The purpose of the Accenture-led study was to identify the most valued career goals, both at entry level and for more experienced job seekers.
"Interestingly, we found that what is considered important to potential recruits was remarkably consistent across geographies," said John Campagnino, Accenture's global director of recruitment. "The research also validated what many of us intuitively know: namely, that tangible benefits such as rewards and recognition are most important from an external recruit's perspective."
Top priorities (percentage of respondents)
1. Challenging and interesting work 60%
2. Recognition and reward 58%
3. Opportunities for career advancement 44%
4. Good financial prospects 42%
5. People-oriented 42%
6. Flexible work arrangements 41%
7. Innovative 33%
8. Approachable 27%
9. Team-oriented environment 27%
10. Global company 26%
Review by Emilie Filou