1. The government makes £12bn from the tobacco industry. Wonder why it’s putting off its plans for plain packaging…
2. It's also hired a whopping seven banks to work on the flotation of the Royal Mail...
3. Not only is bribery fairly prevalent in the UK – but it’s risen by 400% in three years.
4. London’s technology sector generates 8% of GDP.
5. Teach First trainees have 20 minutes’ practice in front of a class before they’re sent out on their own.
6. Microsoft is about to get a department named ‘business development and evangelism’. Welcome to 2009…
7. ‘NYIBOR’ is surprisingly difficult to pronounce.
8. Until 2006, 23 separate licensees, based all over the world, were allowed to design products under the Burberry name.
9. Silicon Roundabout music startup Songkick has diversified into babygros
10. Just 12% of football transferred made £612m in the first six months of 2013. Yeesh.