3. There is such a thing as an ‘accountants’ optimism index’ – and at the moment it’s positive
4. Not only was former Blur bassist Alex James’ line of cheeses once stocked by Asda – but it was dropped in 2012 because the flavours were ‘ahead of their time’
5. RBS and Lloyds workers are among the lowest-paid bankers in the business
6. There hasn’t been an entire plane designed and built in the UK since, some say, the Harrier Jump Jet ?
7. One of Primark’s finest reindeer jumpers fetched up on not one, but three separate MPs over Christmas. At least our tax money is going somewhere meaningful…
8. The number of women on FTSE 100 boards might have risen above 20%, but just 18 women hold executive directorships on the index
9. Seven months after it was revealed, the church still hasn’t worked out a way to divest itself of its investment in Wonga
10. The government's ‘Small business Saturday’: not as gimmicky as we thought