1. Amazon’s R&D costs climbed 38% last year. Jeff Bezos must be really serious about ‘delivery by drone’...
2. Fibre-optic broadband is now available to 18 million premises in the UK.
3. UK legislation contains 286 pages of rules about hedgerows
4. 70% of mobile phones are powered by Google’s Android operating system
5. The flame-haired grandson of the former Nestle chairman bought a 35% stake in ‘upmarket Facebook’ ASmallWorld from Harvey Weinstein at a party in Cannes. It doesn’t get posher than that
6. RBS is still almost 50% off its target for core tier 1 capital ratio
7. 2013 was the first time since 2007 when the economy grew through all four quarters
8. Even Google has realised its Glass doesn’t look cool
9. Paul Marshall, the man behind wannabe Man United owners the Red Knights, is the father of Winston Marshall, the guitarist from Mumford & Sons
10. Thomas Cook was founded by the eponymous Thomas Cook in 1841, to ferry members of the Temperance Society from Market Harborough to Loughborough