1. Big pharma’s Pfizer-Allergan mega-merger could line the pockets of investment banks to the tune of $350m. Not bad work if you can get it.
2. Terror attacks, turbulence and scandals haven’t stopped Thomas Cook from finally returning to the black.
3. Is nothing sacred? Aldi has poked fun at John Lewis’s man on the moon advert.
4. Amazon’s ‘Nazi’ marketing stunt raised some heckles, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing for the company.
5. Upmarket takeaway service Deliveroo has raised another $100m – imagine how many Nando's chicken pittas you could buy with that.
6. There’s ‘billions’ of pounds worth of laundered money pouring into Britain, and there’s not much we can do about it.
7. HSBC wants half of the top jobs at its new brummie HQ to be filled by women by 2020.
8. Co-op customers who have spent more than 1,000 membership points in the past year could be in line for an unconventional reward.
9. Big firms with staff costs of £3m or more will have to pay out 0.5% of their payroll bill for George Osborne’s new apprenticeship levy.
10. Activist investors at Alliance Trust have claimed another scalp.