1. IF YOU HAD DONE SOMETHING ELSE, WHAT WOULD IT HAVE BEEN?
A Formula 1 racing car driver!
2. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU NAME YOUR BUSINESS?
I never considered anything other than giving the business my own Winser name. I’m building a global fashion brand for the future.
3. IF YOU COULD BE BASED IN ANOTHER CITY, WHERE WOULD IT BE?
Either Paris for the glamour, or New York for the pace. But I love London: it’s always at the forefront in the fashion world.
4. WHEN YOU STARTED, HOW DID YOU RAISE MONEY?
5. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR MOST IMPORTANT DECISION SO FAR?
Selecting the Winser London team. I chose some really top talent and then sprinkled with young students to launch them into the business world. A great mix.
6. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST MISTAKE?
I never see things as mistakes, more as challenges. The toughest challenge to date has been managing my own time.
7. WHAT IDEA DO YOU WISH YOU HAD COME UP WITH?
8. HOW DO YOU HANDLE STRESS?
I know there is always a solution. I try to think outside the box, remain determined, and use all my energy and experience. If all that fails, I enjoy a glass of champagne!
9. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST JOB?
Training in retail management at Marks & Spencer.
10. WHAT WAS YOUR WORST JOB?
In every job, there are the tricky moments but I’m glad to say I have never had a job I haven’t enjoyed.
11. WHAT WAS YOUR BEST JOB?
Launching my own brand, Winser London.
12. IF YOU WERE ON THE APPRECTICE, WHAT WOULD YOUR TEAM NAME BE?
Having judged on the show, I would suggest something like "Equipe" to highlight that it’s vital to work as a team.
13. WHICH COMPANY WOULD YOU INVEST IN RIGHT NOW?
14. APART FROM PROPERTY, WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU’VE BOUGHT?
15. SUITS OR JEANS?
Neither. I like relaxed chic clothes
16. FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS OR OFFICE HOURS?
Definitely flexible and remote for all businesses that can operate that way.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOUR OFFICE?
Our TV which shows our best sellers as they are sold.
18. WHAT APP CAN’T YOU LIVE WITHOUT?
19. WHO IS YOUR BUSINESS IDOL?
I don’t have one.
20. IF YOU WERE PRIME MINISTER FOR THE DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Employment for the young. It's so important for everyone to earn their own money, and understand accountability and worth.
Kim Winser is a guest speaker at this year's Inspiring Women conference on 27th November. Check out the full programme and book tickets here.