2. Know your product inside out. You might be the smoothest sales person that stalked the planet, but you won't close a deal if you're stumped by a buyer's questions.
3. Have a passion for the product you're selling, whether it's a financial service or a new drug. Genuine enthusiasm will help win over new leads.
4. Always remain upbeat, especially in difficult times. Be resilient and don't take rejection too seriously - everyone misses a target.
5. High flyers aren't backwards in coming forwards. Don't let your sales successes go unnoticed by management.
6. Successful sales professionals are great team players. Earn the respect of your teammates by sharing your trade secrets.
7. Deliver results. At the end of the day, it's all about the bottom line and sales people must make money for the company.