Yardsticks to determine how good your working conditions are.
It's soul-searching time and you must be honest - your business may depend on it. The following statements have been formulated as a yardstick to help you to determine how good working conditions are for your employees.
Are your staff well-motivated, happy and stimulated? Could they state the following?
- I know what is expected of me at work.
- I have the materials and equipment that I require to do my work right.
- At work, I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day.
- My supervisor seems to care about me as an individual.
- In the last seven days, I have received recognition or praise for good work.
- There is someone at work who encourages my development.
- In the last six months, someone at work has talked to me about my progress.
- At work, my opinion seems to count.
- The mission or purpose of my company makes me feel as if my job is important.
- My associates or fellow employees are committed to doing quality work.
- I have a best friend at work.
- In the last year, I have had opportunities at work to learn and grow.
If you want to take part in the Gallup research, please contact Hilary Osmend on the number above.