In case you hadn’t noticed, MT is pretty big on inspiring women in business. So this list featuring the country's most remarkable, up-and-coming female tech talent was right up our street.
There are no shortage of ground-breaking inventions created by women – not least the first home security system, the dishwasher, space station batteries and computer software. And yet women are still under-represented (and under paid) in the UK tech sector.
Only 17% of employees in tech are women. More than 60% of 11-21 year-old girls believe STEM is 'just for boys'. Such inaccurate perceptions hold girls back from considering a future in the technology industry. Only one in six school leavers starting a degree in computer science in 2016 was female.
This list, compiled by WeAreTechWomen, doesn't focus on the women who have already made it to the top in tech; it champions the pipeline of female technologists covering roles such as software engineers, Java developers, security engineers, students and college lecturers.
- Alessa Betts, Senior Consultant, EY
- Amy Orben, College Lecturer in experimental psychology & DPhil Candidate, University of Oxford
- Ana-Rosa Broster, Senior Payments Product Manager, O2
- Anne-Laure Le Cunff, Founder & CEO, Lysa
- Becky Plummer, Senior Software Engineer & Team Leader, Bloomberg LP
- Carol Morris, Cloud Engagement Lead, Barclays
- Charlotte Guzzo, Cofounder, Heterogeneous
- Charlotte Hutchinson, Technical Consultant, IBM
- Claire Burn, Software Engineer, Rapid7
- Deborah Okenla, Membership Manager and Founder, Huckletree and YSYS
- Dionne Condor-Farrell, Senior Developer, Transport for London
- Dr Jessica Barker, Co-Founder, Redacted Firm
- Elin Haf Davies, Founder, Aparito
- Fenglian Xu, Senior Software Engineer, IBM
- Ffiona Jones, Manager, Technology Consulting, Deloitte
- Fiona Loftus, Senior Solution Architect, Capgemini
- Harriet Lester, Technical Projects Officer, Internet Watch Foundation
- Helen Cavill, Manufacturing Engineer, TTP Labtech Ltd.
- Hema Patel, Vice President - Software Configuration & Release Management, Pershing EMEA
- Ivelina Koleva, Cyber Security Portfolio Strategy Lead, BT
- Jennifer Wetton, Innovation Lead, Santander
- Jenny Fallover, Project Manager, Save the Children International
- Jessica Leigh Jones, Engineer, Sony
- Jigisha Lock, Vice President, Credit Suisse
- Jo Franchetti, Web Developer, Samsung Internet
- Jodie Gilbert, Head of Cyber Strategy, Strategic Transformation, Barclays UK
- Jules Coleman, CTO, BuildPath
- Kamila Piorowska, Agile Coach, Barclays
- Katharine Pratt, Digital Business Integration Consultant, Accenture
- Katie Griffiths, Student
- Lara Nyman, Software Developer, Credit Suisse
- Laura Wheeler , Head of Digital Communications, Digital Science
- Laura Gemmell, Innovation Analyst, Worldpay
- Lauren Gemmell, Software Development Manager, Amazon
- Lisa Dittmar, Head of Project Office, Bloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Lucy Muldoon, Messaging Operations Analyst, Nomura International
- Mariam Ogunbambi, Programme Manager, Starling Bank
- Maya Kolaska, Business Consultant, BAE Systems
- Michelle Kennedy, Founder, Peanut
- Mikela Eskenazi, Commercial Director EMEA , Blippar
- Mubashara Mehdi, Security Engineer, Ministry of Justice
- Natasha Mantell, Vice President - Client Support Services - Head of UK Site Operations, Credit Suisse
- Nicola Entwistle, Director, Digital Payments, Mastercard Worldwide
- Raminder Bath, Global Lead - Strategic Control Components – VP, Credit Suisse
- Roisin Connolly, Innovation Consultant, Accenture
- Ruth Polyblank, Head of digital / SME, Chubb
- Sarah Rench, Cognitive Lead, IPsoft
- Saritha Arunkumar, Senior Security Architect, IBM Research
- Shruti Ajitsaria, Head of Fuse, Allen & Overy LLP
- Shwetal Shah, Partnerships, Drumroll HQ
If you know an inspiring young woman in tech, nominate her for this year's 35 Women Under 35 - launching on MT next month.
Join us at our Inspiring Women conference in Edinburgh on 15th May featuring tech talent Jude Cook, founder of fintech business ShareIn, and Caroline Jones Carrick, director of the TEV Project, which is developing a highway that will power electric vehicles as they drive.